For Valentine’s Day, we thought we’d dig into the archives and bring you this short one-off Lowdown episode. This was our Valentine’s Day special presented as “The DownLow.” In this special episode of The DownLow, Steve and Jackie translate the top ten rejection lines dished out by men and women. This one is a must listen to episode for Valentine’s Day.
Back in the day, The Lowdown actually did a proper Christmas special unlike what the last three turned into. This episode contains some of the best Christmas songs ever written and performed. The show includes songs by some of today’s big artists along with classic Christmas songs that you grew up listening to. The boys weren’t restricted by annoying radio management restrictions about Canadian content in this episode so it’s the best of the best. Over the course of the episode, there are nine songs for your holiday listening pleasure.
It’s time once again for the annual Lowdown Christmas Special. Like last year’s Christmas episode, this year once again brings us a look at the weirdest and wackiest of Christmas music. There are a lot of bands and singers that you’ve heard of that have made bad Christmas music and we have found some pretty embarrassing entries into their musical repertoires. As an added bonus, the boys give you their annual Christmas gift buying guide as well as the usual ridiculous Lowdown banter that we’re known for.
After three years on the radio and internet, it’s time for a special Best Of episode of The Lowdown that covers our history. In our second edition of the best of The Lowdown, here’s what we have for you on this special retrospective:
- UWO Homecoming (Part 1) (Originally Aired: October 14, 2008)
- Greg DeFelice Interview (Originally Aired: November 27, 2007)
- It Came From YouTube: Lady Gaga, Christopher Walken and Eric Cartman – Poker Faces (Originally Aired: December 8, 2009)
- Promo: iFart (Originally Aired: January 20, 2009)
- Raw is CPAC (Originally Aired: March 31, 2009)
- Pickup Lines (Originally Aired: February 3, 2009)
- Exam Writing Tips (Originally Aired: March 31, 2009)
- UWO Homecoming (Part 2) (Originally Aired: October 14, 2008)
In total, there are seven segments from Lowdowns past for 45 minutes of the Best of The Lowdown’s first three years.
After three years on the radio and internet, it’s time for a special Best Of episode of The Lowdown that covers our history. Here’s what we have for you on this special retrospective:
- Rich Christensen Interview (Part 1) (Unaired Uncut Version)
- Promo: Mr. Sports Talk Radio Guy (Originally Aired: October 30, 2007)
- Clubs Week (Originally Aired: September 30, 2008)
- Promo: Powerthirst (Originally Aired: January 8, 2008)
- DownLow: Rejection Lines Translated (Originally Aired: February 14, 2008)
- Energy Drinks Comparison Test (Originally Aired: November 25, 2008)
- Promo: Hands Me Downs by Steve Murray (Originally Aired: April 1, 2008)
- Rich Christensen Interview (Part 2) (Unaired Uncut Version)
In total, there are seven segments from Lowdowns past for one hour of he Best of The Lowdown’s first three years.
In the midst of all the euphoria (we use that term very loosely) over our third anniversary, we realized that our first anniversary show wasn’t posted in our podcast archives. That’s because that episode was actually a Best Of episode of The Lowdown. This episode put together the best parts of the first three games of Season Two of The Lowdown. This classic Best Of episode starts with Steve’s adventures at 2008’s Homecoming weekend. That’s followed by some rapid fire segments including news about guys trying to outkick their coverage, 2008-09 season previews for the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs and Steve’s exploration of the internet. That’s followed up by the big Homecoming game recap package (which was one of our best produced segments ever). And the show wraps up with Steve’s tour of the UWO campus.
It’s the third anniversary episode of The Lowdown. On October 30, 2007, The Lowdown went on air in London, Ontario from the campus of the University of Western Ontario. Today’s BlogCast may no longer be on air at the U of WO but both episodes are about roughly the same thing. The show starts with a look at the suspension of Rick Rypien and the inconsistent “supplementary discipline” handed out by the NHL. From there, it’s on to entertainment which contains two of Jackie’s singles of the week, It Came from YouTube and a familiar Worst of Music. Then the show gets sidetracked when Steve takes over talking about celebrities outkicking their coverage and the hypothetical trade of a heart attack for sex. Our series premiere and this episode are both NBA season previews. The boys talk about LeBron and Bosh taking their talents to South Beach. They also look at the Vegas over/under lines for all 30 NBA teams. This special third anniversary episode of The Lowdown is over two hours long. It’s the longest episode ever and is more that worth a listen.