As mandated by the Public Sector Salary Disclosure Act of 1996, you found out what most of your professors got paid for 2011 on Friday. When I went to UWO, this was one of my favourite days too. Learning stuff that doesn’t have too many practical applications in real life (for disclosure’s sake, I was in social sci) is made that much easier by knowing that someday I could teach kids nothing and get well compensated for it.
Some of the bigger and more interesting names on this year’s list include:
- Amit Chakma – President / Vice-Chancellor – $512,600.04
- Janice Deakin – Provost and Vice-President (Academic) – $294,999.96
- Carol Hebert – Dean (Schulich School of Medicine) – $285,520.95
- Joyce Garnett – University Librarian – $165,254.02
- Fred Longstaffe – Senior Advisor to the President / Professor – $267,424.98
- Greg Marshall – Coach (Football) – $134,054.86
- Therese Quigley – Director (Athletics, Sports & Recreation Services) – $134,095.96
- Malcolm Ruddock – Executive Assistant to the President and Provost – $109,539.56
- James Shaw – Student Health Services Physician – $143,048.96
- Carol Stephenson – Dean (Ivey School of Business) – $409,423.00
You can get the complete list on the Ministry of Finance website by clicking here.